Download Employment Application
Employment at Harvest Preparatory School
Are you interested in joining our team? Click a position below to display
Harvest Preparatory School, a diverse preschool through 12th grade campus in Central Ohio,
has exciting opportunities for committed, diligent Christians that desire to use
their gifts and talents to impact students in a Christ-like manner. Harvest Preparatory
School was founded in 1986 by Pastor Rod and Joni Parsley and is located on the campus of
World Harvest Church.
Harvest Preparatory School does discriminate on the basis of religion. All staff
members must be born-again Christians. Please take a moment and review the
following current employment listing for any position that you may be well suited
for at this time.
For other opportunities that may be available at World Harvest Church, click here.
Harvest Preparatory School one of Central Ohio’s premier, private, Christian centered schools, located in Canal Winchester, Ohio has Substitute Teacher openings. Harvest Preparatory School provides distinctive, private education, with a Christian world-view focus, to the Columbus area. With a diverse student body, Harvest Prep comprises of over 500 plus students, grades Pre-K through 12 that are developed academically, spiritually, morally, socially and physically through the power of God and our highly trained faculty and staff.
Substitute Teacher Responsibilities
- Be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and actions toward others and develop and maintain rapport with students, parents, and staff by treating others with friendliness, dignity, and consideration.
- Demonstrate excellent teaching skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, administrative skills, problem-solving skills, and advanced knowledge of various teaching materials.
- In the absence of the regular classroom teacher to help students to learn subject matter and/or skills that are required for scheduled lessons and to provide meaningful instruction for assigned classrooms.
- Carries out a program of study prescribed in the lesson plans left by the classroom teacher and has the ability to provide meaningful learning in the absence of a lesson plan.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students. Indicates to students at beginning of class the basic expectations for behavior in the class in accordance with school policies.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and objectives as indicated in the lesson plans for the lessons, units, or projects assigned.
- Reports to school office at beginning of school day to pick up required materials/schedule of classes and at the end of the school day to return materials. Follows sign out procedures as prescribed by the principal.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting lesson objectives.
- Maintains a neat, orderly and safe classroom.
- Takes attendance in accordance with school procedures.
- Insures that the students are never left unattended in the classroom.
- May perform duties usually required of absent teacher such as lunchroom duty, hall monitoring, etc.
- Knows emergency evacuation routes for the classrooms assigned.
- Knows procedures for referring students who are disciplinary problems.
- Knows school procedures and regulations and consistently follows HPS policies.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Two or more years of teaching experience, and be highly knowledgeable about teaching students about content and skills in the applicable subject area.
- Must possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- Hold a current teacher license in the State of Ohio and or be eligible to hold a teaching certificate/Non-tax certificate issued by the Ohio Department of Education.
We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, national origin, disability or any other characteristic as required by state and federal laws and as applicable to churches. World Harvest Church does discriminate on the basis of religion. Successful candidates will be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintain a courteous and Christ-like attitude; and agree to adhere to the standards of moral conduct and mission, vision, and values of World Harvest Church.
To be considered for this position, please download the Harvest Preparatory Employment Application
(PDF) from our official web site at www.harvestprep.org
. You may fax or email your completed application along with your resume and a letter of introduction. In your letter of introduction, please express your interest in the desired position, present your salary expectations, and highlight your qualifications.
Confidential Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidential Fax Number: 614-834-3324
By submitting your application or resume to World Harvest Church or Harvest Preparatory School, you are agreeing to the Application & Resume Terms of Submission
To be considered for one of the positions above, the
Harvest Preparatory School Employment Application
(PDF) and email or
fax it along with your resume and a letter of introduction to:
Confidential Email Address: email@example.com
Confidential Fax Line: (614) 834-3324
In your letter of introduction, please express your interest in the desired position,
present your salary expectations, and highlight your qualifications.
Harvest Preparatory School offers competitive wages commensurate with education and experience.
All full-time positions have great benefits, including full family medical, dental
and vision insurance for staff members and their immediate family. We also
offer life insurance, disability, insurance, retirement funds, paid vacations, personal
leave time and paid extended holidays.
Successful candidates will be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintain
a courteous and Christ-like attitude; and agree to adhere to the standards of moral
conduct and mission, vision, and values of Harvest Preparatory School and World Harvest Church.